Rules for the MAGIMASTERS 2018 Seniors Magic Tournament
***This Tournament has become so popular – we will NOT turn away anyone who wishes to enter! We have had some amazing magicians perform in this contest – and we don’t want to miss anyone… We will try to accommodate any and all acts. NO OTHER REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER!
3. Tournament age limit is 50 and older.
4. Acts are requested to perform between 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Voting will be by the audience members themselves. Act with the highest votes – wins Tournament.
6. There will be no trading contest places among the Contestants. Each act must be ready to perform in the order instructed.
7. Coveted MAGIMASTERS Jacket, Hat, & Trophy Prize – Winner will be chosen by Audience Votes. Winner will be announced Saturday night during the OscEARs Awards Party. (See Schedule) Winner will be given the coveted MAGIMASTERS Jacket, Hat, & Trophy. Jacket & hat size is one size fits most – No substitutes will be given.
8. A calculator will verify all tabulations.
(ii) Receives no compensation of any kind for the Contestant’s appearance at the AbraCORNdabra 2018 Convention.
(iii) Fully complies with the letter and intent of each of the Rules of the Competition.
What kind of lighting will there be?
There is VERY limited lighting for this contest. Basically – plain white lights on or off. Plan accordingly.
Will there be a microphone and music system available for me?
The performers in the MAGIMASTERS 2018 Seniors Magic Tournament will be provided with a microphone and a player for CD-formatted prerecorded music or bring music on a “Stick”. The player will be operated by our sound person.
The Contest Committee will not provide equipment or services that are not specifically addressed in The Contest Rules and Procedures. Please have JUST THE MUSIC USED FOR YOUR ACT on ONE CD or STICK. Bring a back-up CD. Be prepared.
Can my family & friends come see me?
Seating is limited for the contest itself – so the answer would have to be a soft no. IF THERE IS ANY ROOM for others – then we might allow some family & friends to come in.
Can I videotape the contest?
Acts are allowed to videotape ONLY THEIR ACT, unless they have express permission from the other acts to tape.
Be magical, be entertaining, and be unique!